Find Acne Cures that Really Work Below
If you are looking for the best acne treatment reviews, you have come to the right place.
Acne is a condition that a lot of young adults suffer from and it is caused because of hormonal imbalances which normally occur during puberty.
When acne gets really bad, the pores in the skin get clogged and because of which oil gets trapped in the skin.
This encourages the growth of bacteria, which causes an inflammation of the skin.
- For most young people, the acne stops being an issue once their puberty has passed.
- But acne does persist in some people and bothers them well into their adulthood.
As you will find in the Exposed Acne Treatment reviews or It Works Skin Care reviews on this website, it is important to seek the right solution for acne.
It is a horrible condition that manifests itself into ugly looking pimples, zits, etc., which can really damage a young person’s confidence.
Acne, pimples, zits can appear on the face, back, chest or neck. Acne scars are quite severe and look dreadfully bad.
On this website, you will find the best acne spot treatment reviews and acne cream reviews.
But first, let’s find out why having acne is such an unfortunate thing for most young people.
Teens and young adults are normally very conscious of their looks and how they appear to the opposite sex.
- Having acne affects their confidence as it diminishes their attractiveness to the opposite sex and even leads to depression.
So if you are a young person who is desperately seeking a solution to their acne, you will find the best acne skin care product reviews, including Exposed reviews.
We understand exactly how you feel about the acne and how important it is for you to find the right solution for the problem.
If you want to get rid of acne and live a happy full life, then, stop worrying and stop waiting. Instead, start reading!
- Look for the best acne scar treatment reviews, and teenage acne treatment reviews on this website, you will get great advice and learn how to live a happy life with clear skin.
You will find out about the different types of acne treatment that will help you recover faster from the acne.
You will find high quality dermatologist acne treatment reviews that go to the core of the issue and explain what causes acne and why it makes you suffer so much.
Here’s a quick medical explanation for acne…
Acne – A Medical Explanation
Acne or Acne Vulgaris is a disease that causes distinct bumps to appear on the skin.
- Some of the common bumps that are caused by acne are blackheads, pimples and whiteheads, and they appear on the neck, shoulders, back and chest, and most visibly on the face.
There are other forms of acne bumps as well, such as pinheads (or papules), nodules (or large papules) and scaly red skin (or seborrhea).
Some of the complications from include acne scarring which looks really bad and affects one’s self-esteem.
Acne scarring has been known to lead to depression and even in some extreme cases, suicide.
In the United States, 17 million people are known to have acne scarring. It is something that develops as you reach the age of 20 and can last for years in some cases.
- You would hate to look at yourself in the mirror when you have such serious acne problems.
Next, we discuss the causes of acne.
We suggest having a look at the Exposed Acne Treatment review and On The Spot Acne Treatment review on this website to know more about the causes of acne and the recommended treatments.
What Causes Acne?
There are several different causes of acne. Let’s have a look at them
Hormonal Acne is caused because of an imbalance in Androgen, one of the most important sex hormones.
Androgen is produced during menstruation, pregnancy, and from taking anabolic steroids. Imbalance in Androgen can lead to acne.
Genetic Acne like many other diseases may be inherited. There is nothing you can do about it.
Stress is a major killer and stress is known to cause acne as well. Young people are often under stress because of fast approaching exams or relationship issues, which can lead to acne.
Acne is caused by propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) which is an anaerobic bacterium which colonizes the normal pores on the skin.
This bacterium has the ability to disturb the cycle and activities that happen in the pores of the skin.
Acne can be caused because of the wrong food choices. For example foods that are high in glucose content and lactose has a positive connection with acne.
Those who are affected by obesity are likely to get acne as well.
Diagnostic Tests for Acne
There are three diagnostic tests that tell you how severe the acne really is.
Are you familiar with these tests?
There are many skin treatment reviews that cover these diagnostic tests for acne extensively.
- Leeds Acne Grading Technique (LAGT) – Determines if the acne is inflammatory or not?
- Cook’s Acne Grading Scale (CAGS) – Determines the severity of the acne through the use of photographs.
- Pillsbury Scale (PS) – Grades the acne from a scale of 0 which is the least severe and to 4, which is most severe.
- There are many popular acne treatments that are available.
On this website you will find the best adult acne treatment reviews and acne skin care reviews.
The most popular acne treatments consist of 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and Accutane.
Treatment of acne can take anything from several weeks to a few months, depending on the severity of the condition.
Let’s look at the various acne treatments and find out how to make the best use of them.
Accutane is a very effective treatment for acne, which actually causes a remission of the severe acne symptoms.
It can be taken orally or topically and helps to cure the severest cases of acne, such as acne scarring.
Accutane has to be taken for 4 to 5 months to work.
While it is very effective and does a lot to reduce the severity of the ache, it is important to consult with your doctor before starting an Accutane treatment.
That’s because it has side effects that are hard to predict.
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is easily the most effective acne treatment that is available out there.
As you will find in any pimple cream review, acne cream review or acne spot treatment review, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is by far the most important ingredient used in any acne treatment product.
It has been the most popular acne treatment in America since the way back in the 1930s.
Benzoyl Peroxide is so effective because it penetrates into the skin and nourishes the skin tissues by supplying them with oxygen.
- So oxygen, when it is released, eliminates most of the acne causing bacteria which live and breed in the skin tissues.
Make it a point to apply Benzoyl Peroxide as liberally as possible and be sure to follow the instructions stated by the manufacturer.
- If benzoyl peroxide comes in cleansers, wet the area that is affected.
- For about 10 to 20 seconds, docilely rub cleanser into skin.
- Lather it fully and rinse thoroughly.
- Pat dry afterwards.
- If it appears that too much drying has taken place, rinse the cleanser as soon as possible or use it less often.
If you use a benzoyl peroxide cream, gel, lotion, or foam, apply it to the affected area at least once or twice a day, or according to the timing as prescribed by the manufacturer.
But before each application, gently wash the affected area first with a cleanser and pat dry.
Apply a small amount to affected area, then rubs it as gently as possible.
Do read up the acne treatment kits reviews on this website for more information on the use of benzoyl peroxide for acne treatment.
Some of the popular antibiotics that are used in acne treatment are clindamycin, erythromycin, metronidazole, and tetracyclines like doxycycline, minocycline, etc.
- These antibiotics cure the most severe acne by attacking P. acnes bacterium, which is why they are given along with anti-inflammatory drugs.
It has been found recently that antibiotics are becoming less and less effective for acne treatment because of the resistance of P. acnes bacterium to them.
Be sure to read up the best body acne treatment reviews on the use of antibiotics for acne treatment.
You will find many acne cure reviews related to the use of Salicyclic Acid, which is another popular treatment for acne.
It involves using a bacteriostatic action to cure the acne.
This means it antagonizes the bacteria by slowing down its growth.
Salicyclic acid also has keratolytic properties which allow it to shed the epithelial skin cells and to open up the obstructed skin pores.
Salicyclic acid is available in the lotion, cream, or ointment form.
- To use it, apply the lotion, cream or ointment to the affected area and rub it in a gentle way.
- Allow it to remain for a few minutes, following which you can wash it away.
We hope you found the information given here useful and pertinent.
We advise you to look up for more reviews of acne treatments as well as the best acne skin care products reviews on this website.
We Wish You Luck and Good Health